Serves: 12 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 35 minutes
2 x ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup almond meal
3/4 cup buckwheat flour
¼ cup of coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp psyllium husk
¼ cup milk of choice
2 tbs coconut oil, melted
Pinch of salt
2 scoops Vanilla Noway
¼ cup coconut thickened cream
1 tbs almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add almond meal, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, coconut oil, and vanilla extract together. Add in mashed bananas and combine well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and combine.
- Transfer batter into a loaf tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden on top.
- In a small bowl mix Noway and coconut cream together until smooth and stir in almond milk as needed, place in the fridge until the bread is ready.
- Once the bread is cooked through, remove from oven and allow to rest in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once completely cool spread frosting over banana bread.
Slice and enjoy it!