The effects of aging on testosterone
In both men and women, testosterone levels peak between 25 to 30 years of age – and thereafter drop approximately 1-2% annually. At the age of 60, testosterone levels are typically only 40-50% of youthful levels and may be lower due to stress and related lifestyle issues such as diet, exercise, and sleep patterns.
The following graph is a representation of the level of testosterone as they decline for a man and woman. This decline may be ‘normal’, but not healthy. Sometimes as we age, out fat mass increases, creating an unhealthy higher level of oestrogen and a rather depressing lower level of testosterone.
Alpha Venus vs Alpha Prime – which one is for me?
Signs and symptoms of excess Oestrogen
Oestrogen holds subcutaneous fat and fluid in these areas
- breasts and chest
- backs of the arms
- love handles
- lower back
- lower abdomen
- poor muscle mass and quality
- poor muscle definition
- excessive subcutaneous and intramuscular fat
The following are a list of symptoms of Oestrogen dominance
- Increased worry, intuition and gut instincts
- Exaggerated stress response and harder to switch off so can dwell on things
- Good long-term memory with poor short-term memory
- Running on ‘autopilot’ most of the time
- Can crave sugar and chocolate
- Mood swings are aggravated and follow pattern with menstrual cycle or moon
- Can trigger headaches and migraines
- Poor circulation, sometimes bruising and varicose veins
- Bloated and “fluidy” abdomen, hips and thighs.
- Fluid retention
- Breast lumps and bumps
- Ban increased risk of blood clots, DVTs, bruising and cramps
- Poor blood sugar control – high or low blood sugar, leading to sweet cravings
- Cellulite and obesity
- Emotional, nervous and sleep disturbances
- Conditions such as endometriosis
- Excessive period pain
- PMT with excessive emotional and mood fluctuations
- Heavy periods
- UTIs and Thrush
There are numerous causes of Oestrogen dominance. Here are some of the causes of Oestrogen dominance
- Inefficient Oestrogen detoxification and elimination
- Excessive endogenous Oestrogen production due to
- Excessive fat mass
- Increased aromatase activity converting testosterone to Oestrogen
- Other hormonal imbalances i.e. hypothyroidism and hypercortisolaemia
Excessive exogenous Oestrogen exposure and accumulation from
- Cosmetics and sunscreens
- Family history of Oestrogen dominance
- Inherited genetic MTHFR gene polymorphisms
- HRT and certain oral contraceptive pills
- “Xeno- estrogens” and EDC’s (endocrine disrupting chemicals)
- Iodine deficiency and / or hypothyroidism
Nutrients found in Alpha Prime
Alpha Prime – Take Home Message
Alpha Prime contains the latest scientifically formulated and most potent form of natural medicines to help you achieve your health goals. If you have any doubt about taking such a product, please check with your health care professional to determine if you are a good candidate and how to best take.
Broccoli (Brassica) Sprout powder, Kale leaf, and sprout powder, Daikon Radish fruit powder, Rosemary leaf extract, Orgen-FA, kelp leaf extract.
Clean Excipient Blend:
Hypromellose (veggie capsule), Rice extract, Cacao Fruit Powder, Acacia Gum.
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between Alpha Prime and Alpha Venus?
Alpha Venus and Alpha Prime both contain exactly the same estrogen detoxification ability.
However where they vary is in regards to building androgens to offset the estrogen.
Alpha Venus is designed to build up the androgen progesterone while clearing away the estrogen excess.
Alpha Prime is designed to increase testosterone and DHEA while clearing away the estrogen excess.
To find out more visit this blog: //atpscience.co.uk/alpha-venus-vs-alpha-prime/
Does Alpha Prime interact with the contraceptive pill?
Current research shows the ingredients used in Alpha Prime and Alpha Venus DO NOT interact with hormonal contraceptives.
You can find out more here: //atpscience.co.uk/alpha-venus-and-hormonal-contraceptives-interactions/
What is the recommended dose for Alpha Prime?
x2 capsules with breakfast and dinner daily.
Do I need to cycle the Alpha Prime?
Yes, we recommend cycling the Alpha products 12 weeks on and 4 weeks off.
Love this product! Mixes well, tastes good and no bloating...
Hi Jenny, thanks for your review and feedback on Noway Bodybalance. Great to hear that this agrees with your stomach and you are enjoying the taste! Thanks, - ATP Team
Tastes great and full of nutritious ingredients what’s not to like!
Hi Gerard, thanks for your review and feedback on the noway protein. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoy the flavour and collagen! Thanks, - ATP Team
Noway body balance HCP Protein
Hello, Thank you for this product! I’m am really enjoying this as an every day addition to my diet. I workout a lot and have a very active job, so being able to have this post workout or during the day is great. I have zero bloating or heaviness and find that having it with just water is perfect. Thank you ✌🏻
Hi Anita, thanks for your review of the Noway Protein. Glad to hear you are enjoying the product and that you are able to tolerate it. Thanks, - ATP Team
Tasty would recommend
I'm not always a fan of strawberry flavour as it tastes false. This isn't strong, to my surprise super tasty and mixes really well in smoothies.
Hi Melanie, thanks for your review of Noway Protein Powder. We are so happy to hear you are enjoying the product and love the taste. Thanks, - ATP Team
Fantastic! Love the flavourV
Hi Victoria, thanks for your review of Noway. It is great you are enjoying the product and love the flavour. Thanks, - ATP Team