ZMST is Zinc, Magnesium, Selenium and Taurine. The nutrients zinc, selenium and magnesium are termed “essential” as you cannot make them inside your body from other materials they must be supplied by the diet or you die. Taurine is “conditionally essential” meaning during times of increased demand your diet may need to be supplemented to maintain adequate levels.
Per capsule ZMST supplies approximately;
100mg pure magnesium from magnesium citrate
2.5mg pure zinc from zinc gluconate
6.25mcg pure selenium from selenium nutritional yeast saccharomyces cerevisiae
25mg taurine (vegan)
To be able to calculate your ideal dose for acute high dose supplementation to correct or prevent a nutritional deficiency and a maintenance plan to keep levels adequate over the long term.
How many: Take one to three capsules,
How often: One to three times per day.
1 to 3?
- Your rate absorption is proportional to your body magnesium levels.
- If your body levels are low then absorption is enhanced.
- If your body levels are fine or high then absorption slows down.
- If you take more than you need the magnesium drags water into your intestine and creates loose watery stools or diarrhoea.
- If you suspect deficiency you can take up to 3 ZMST capsules 3 times daily. As your levels increase your absorption slows down and you get watery loose stools. If or when this happens reduce your dose to 2 and then 1 capsule 3 times daily.
- Long term taking 1 to 3 capsules of ZMST daily will maintain healthy magnesium levels.
ZMST is an essential supplement for optimal health that most individuals will benefit from. It contains the proper ratios of key nutrients and proper therapeutic dosages of magnesium so many people are deficient in. It contains magnesium in the best form (citrate) and in divided dosages for optimal absorption. ATP Science’ ZMST can be taken long term because the dosage is optimised to reduce or eliminate any gut problems associated with some magnesium supplements.